Saturday, January 5, 2013

Opossums make me say stupid stuff

Okay, this might be very important somewhere down the line. Probably not. I was sitting at the table the other day enjoying my wonderful dinner with my beautiful wife when I noticed on the cover of a book catalog a book that had the name "possum" in the title. Now I thought to myself and foolishly blurted out "Oh wow, did they finally change opossum to possum?" Of course this made me sound like an absolute moron, but nonetheless it was a nice thought. I mean, it seems to me that depending on which hemisphere and/or Wal-Mart you exist in you're going to call those creepy little street-bound rats one or the other. It can be quite confusing to the uninitiated. And for a brief moment in my life I had my hopes up that they'd finally done away with that silly O and made life easier on those less fortunate among us. 

Unfortunately, this isn't so, and some author out there had merely set out to tease me relentlessly. This is the bad news: that the world will continue to be a dangerous place.

The good news is that I hired Jamie Foxx to help edgumicate us on the truth:

 
"Opossum. O-p-o-s-s-u-m. The O is silent."

Thank you, Jamie Foxx. Your Twizzlers are in the mail.

1 comment:

  1. Ahaha that was funny enough to almost make me forget about being verbally shat upon by that bitchtastic nursery worker!
    +100 internets!

    ReplyDelete